An emergency is not necessarily a disaster (earthquake, power outage, etc.). It is also for families who are out of work and need to use their money for things other than food. Here you will find a little bit of information for both.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
You are probably asking yourself, "Why is she promoting this recipe book on my Emergency Preparedness blog?" Well, I belong to a produce co-op and every other week my family receives a laundry basket full of fruits and veggies for $15. Sometimes, we don't eat them fast enough and they go bad. Other times, it is a new veggie and I may not know how to fix it. Or, we get an abundance of something and I get tired of eating it every day. After reading this book, I discovered a new way of preparing some fruits and veggies to be kept in the freezer. Another plus is that I can hide veggies (that my kids won't normally eat) in my meals. Two positives to this that I can see...I am getting my kids to eat more veggies and I am storing extra food. So when I get those beets that I don't normally use, I can prepare them (as suggested in her book) and add them to pancakes, waffles, etc. My kids won't know a thing, other than they look cool because they are pink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment